Create professional-looking digital paintings using powerful brush tools in Photoshop, even if you “can’t draw.”
Created by Kristen Palana
Last updated 1/2019
What you’ll learn
- Create powerful digital images that can be displayed online or in print, presented as unique gifts, or as part of your own freelance design business.
- Harness the power of intelligent brush and eraser tools to mimic the unique qualities of paint on the computer.
- Understand how to create effective images that use original or copyright-free photographs as a starting point.
- Gain intermediate to advanced illustration skills based on simple tools and easy to learn techniques
- Have a solid undertsanding of basic digital painting methods to create images used as stills or later in multimedia and animated projects.
- Bring an open mind, a willingness to learn new tricks, and a copy of Photoshop. Free trial versions are also available at Adobe’s site.
This quick and dirty course will help you make original, custom digital paintings and illustrations using Adobe Photoshop (or any similar program) in just a matter of minutes that look professional and can be used online, in videos and animations, or for print purposes such as on a poster, letterhead, even a T-shirt or other products.
*Please note that free trial versions of Photoshop are available for download from Adobe’s website.
Save money making your own unique digital images and illustrations (and stop paying others to do them for you) and develop skills that can help you start making money creating professional-looking images for others. You can also use these simple techniques to make unique images and illustrations as free gifts for friends and family.
You also don’t need to know how to draw. There are actually a HUGE number of graphic designers who CAN NOT draw… but they make up for it by using techniques like the ones in this course and naturally, learning more about layout design, composition, color, typography, and other fundamentals of visual literacy.
You can decide how much time you will spend on each image which will then affect your end results. As you do more and more, you can be cranking these out in a matter of minutes and could actually make a little illustration/digital painting business creating these for others on websites like Fiverr, Elance, and other freelancing websites.
What Students Are Saying:
“A great course by a great instructor. It was amazing to see the making of an image, with all the techniques, attention to detail, and also to hear the thinking process behind each decision. I found it stimulating and inspiring.” -Robin Scanlon
I’m a practicing award-winning multimedia artist and a former tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m currently a Visiting Associate Professor of Digital Media at the brand new American University of Myanmar in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
Since 2000 I’ve been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
New bonus lectures and resources will continue to be added and timely advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: All students who enroll in this course also will receive periodic free and discounted access to my other top-rated current and upcoming courses.
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.
Empower yourself now by enrolling in this digital painting course and join our growing learning community!
Click the “Take This Course” button in the upper right corner and let’s get started building your digital painting, software, and design skills today.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone looking to add new tricks and techniques to their artmaking toolbelt.
- This course is for traditional artists who would like to learn to make digital work, illustrators, as well as so-called “non-creatives” who think they “can’t draw.”
- This is NOT an in-depth Photoshop course. A selection of tools and techniques are discussed in depth for creating digital paintings but this course doesn’t cover EVERY feature available in Photoshop.